Succeeding as an independent society publisher
- You have spent about half your career in a larger society. How did you have to adapt for your role at the BIR? 02:30
- Publishing contributes upto 50% of the society's revenues. That's an amazing story. Tell us more about your publishing program. 05:08
- In your opinion, what does it take to thrive as an independent society publisher? 09:40
- I was quite intrigued by your efforts to tie up with other publishers to promote your journals. Tell us more about why you did it and how the tie up with Wiley has helped the society. 15:21
- What do you enjoy most about your role and what advice do you have for other aspiring professionals? 21:30
Continue the Conversation
Sophia has worked in the scholarly publishing industry for over 15 years and is now Director of Publishing at the British Institute of Radiology where she is responsible for all aspects of the Institute’s publishing programme. Previously she worked at the Royal Society of Chemistry where she carried out various roles covering all areas of the publishing process, with a special interest in peer review and publishing ethics. Sophia is a member of the ALPSP Education Committee and the NISO Transfer standing committee.
Powered by kriyadocs
kriyadocs is a document collaboration platform that accelerates your publishing.
For early access, sign up at: www.kriyadocs.com